Do you like soup? I do, especially home-made. It’s one of my favourite things to make, for a number of reasons, including:
- you can load it with veggies
- you can throw in those less-than-perfect veggies – (who is going to know?)
- you can control what goes into the soup, like sodium and fat
- no artificial ingredients
- it’s cost efficient
- you don’t have to lug cans home from the grocery store
- there’s less garbage
- one pot means less work – both in preparation and clean-up
- it’s a good thing to make when energy levels wane
- if you double your batch, you’ll have enough for several meals.
Do you have a house soup? (Let me know if you would like the recipes, which are based on instinct more than anything else. )
Did you enter yesterday’s giveaway? Even if you’re not a tea drinker, you can always give it away to your friend, a teacher, or your favourite “Auntie”!