With Thanksgiving upon us, many of you will be busy in the kitchen preparing your harvest feast. This is a wrist/time-saving trick I like to use, even though I do have a Rotato Potato. (Here is some information on Canadian Thanksgiving, which falls on the second Monday in October.)
Rather than peeling all those yams or sweet potatoes, here’s what I recommend:
- Thoroughly wash the yams.
- Place the unpeeled yams on a cookie sheet, or in a casserole dish.
- Slide them into the oven to keep your turkey company. If there is no room in the oven, you may decide to microwave them.
- When they’re soft, pull them out.
- Let them cool for a bit.
- Slice open, and scoop out that beautifully-coloured flesh into a serving dish.
I like mine plain, with pepper. You?
If you have a mailing address in the United Kingdom, the United States or Canada, please enter my giveaway for a combi/combo pack of Physicool.