When I contacted Rowan, she agreed to meet. We spent an enjoyable hour talking about her time at Emily Carr University of Art and Design, and her motivation for her Väärtus line, which are beautifully-designed pieces that are as attractive as they are useful. Rowan understands that people who are functionally-challenged are interested in items that don’t look as if they were assembled for use in a factory. In other words, design can and does meet function when Rowan sits down to conceive her pieces.
The British Columbia Industrial Design Association agreed. They gave Rowan the 2013 BCID Student Award of Excellence for the products in her Väärtus line. Be sure to check out her work on her website.
She has kindly agreed to offer Ora to one of my lucky readers. This device will help you when you are struggling with your buttons and zippers. No need for velcro on those pretty blouses!
Rowan is interested in hearing from you if you have any ideas for a new product. After all, how often do you get a chance to chat with a designer?
How to Enter and Rules:
1. To enter the giveaway, leave a comment, below. Perhaps you have a product idea for Rowan?
2. Entries must be received by midnight PST, on Sunday, January 5th, 2014.
3. This contest is open to anyone who has a mailing address in Canada or the United States.
4. For extra entries to the draw, let’s get social:
- On Twitter? For an extra entry share the following: I just entered a #giveaway from @AuntieStress for Ora – a device to assist with buttons & zippers: http://wp.me/p1OifR-2dU. #RA
- Make your way over to my Pinterest Board called “Giveaways“. Earn one entry by clicking “Comment”, and leaving one. (Repin it for another entry. Just leave a comment here, providing me with the link to where you pinned it on your Pinterest Board.)
- On Google+? Be sure to +MariannaPaulson when you share the link, and you’ll earn another entry.
5. You must be of legal age to enter.
6. One winning entrant will be drawn from a hat. You will be notified via email. Your name will appear here, and on Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.
If you’ve enjoyed this blog, I hope you’ll consider voting for A Rheumful of Tips in Healthline’s Best Health Blogs of 2013.